“Is it time for my lesson yet….?”
I have a long history of teaching – group and one on one, as well as arts based mentoring and careers help. I teach and have taught: Singing (and pop composition); Saxophone; Guitar (particularly accompanying styles for singers) and Creative Writing.
I studied saxophone, singing and composition at Dartington College of Arts, Devon. I also studied Saxophone, Jazz Theory, Creative Writing and Aural Harmony at the City Lit College, London and I am an affiliate member of the Institute For Learning.
Teaching highlights include:
- Saxophone and clarinet at West Kent College, Kent on their Btech course.
- Singing and songwriting weekly workshop with excluded teenagers at Abbey Wood School, Plumstead, Kent.
- A summer school course on songwriting and performance for under 16s at The Albany Theatre Deptford – in one week we put together a 40 minute performance of original material featuring musicians, rappers and singers who had never performed before.
- Regular guitar and singing classes for children at Midi Music in Deptford
- ‘A band in a day’ workshops for corporate team building – where I had to teach all instruments to complete beginner adults in a band context.
I am currently running a community choir in East Dulwich – new members welcome here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/539327456105719/
I also have lots of very happy south east london singing, guitar and sax students. I teach guitar, saxophone, singing and songwriting, to anyone – from adult and child beginners through to people who are already musically literate.
I have played and taught professionally for over twenty years: working with many well known artists and teaching at many schools and colleges.